Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Devastating Election Results

I woke up this morning still facing the shock that John McCain is now the 44th President of the United States. At 11:01pm last night Iwas watching channel 7 news it was announced that he had one by a land slide. Instantly tears began to roll down my face out of mere disbelief and of a broken heart. This reaction I know must have been shared with millions plus people especially those first time voters like myself who actaully payed attention to the election and wanted change. Apart of me did not want to believe it maybe this is a sick joke. There is no possible way McCain could have won with all of the Obama supporters in the United States of America. It must have been setup like it was four years ago. It's Dejavu how can the same thing be happening again. Another four years of Bush policies and our country is just going to keep on deteriorating. All I could do is sleep and pray.
It is now Novemeber 5th I know not to expect any change because the hope I once had was gone. Like many college students I refuse to attend school today as a silent protest of the wrong that was done. Even the weather is gloomy. Rain and thunderstorms all day across the country I guess even the weather can predict that our nation will be a disaster story. My whole community look as if they have given up completely on everything. We even have some people going around trying to commit acts of violence against public officials. I call my godsister in Indiana to see if the reaction is the same and her reply is compltely negative. For her there whole state is divided as of now. I try not to let this bring me down because I do not want to spend my whole day off from school dwelling on something I can not change. I then decide to turn on the news and once again the stock market is in complete chaos, people are continuing to lose their jobs and homes, and last but not least since hearing the outcome of the election many people have been getting hurt. To think I have four more years of the same thing and it only can get worse. Then they do a special edition on the troops that are fighting over seas and they like the people who supported Obama look so lost and many of them crying. It must be really hard for them to try keep their composure as of now. At this point I can only imagine what the next four years will be. Nothing has changed everything remained the same.
I go on the internet and read some blogs and I am completely apalled by the things that are being said. People are having verbal wars is this what America has really come to. The anger and rage embedded in the citizens are way to much to bear. I am even more disgusted as I listen to the transition speech given by President Bush. It is almost like he is taunting most of America. This election had to be fixed but what can I do but vent and move on with life. Sarah Palin has a glow like never before but the funny thing is she still do not have her facts and issues together. The White House is doomed on January 20th the country will be ran by two people who are so confused and have no relation to the people. Our same leaders from what I gathered throughout the year are basically following all of the Bush policies with hardly any fixers. Did they not see that it didnt help for the last 8 years but hey I am not in charge.The day after the election outcome and its already going downhill in the communites, cities, states, economically, etc. Either way I support my country and what it is supposed to stand for. This is truly going to be a slow day and a long 4 years. Maybe one day America will be ready for change. Just maybe. Obama '12.

No comments: